ESTA – Electronic Travel Authorization System

The ESTA form is an automated online system that allows eligible citizens within the Visa Waiver Program to request advanced authorization to board an approved carrier or ship to travel to the United States. Please see the Signatory Carriers for more details on approved carriers or vessels.

Country Passport Issuer

Included in the ESTA application, the issuing country for citizens eligible to travel within the Visa Waiver Program must be the same as the Country of Nationality.

ESTA USA Expiration

The ESTA Travel Authorization is generally valid for two years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. A visitor can travel to the US on multiple occasions within two years. Without having to complete a new ESTA form.

ESTA Application number

The ESTA application number identifies your travel approval status. The ESTA application number is located in the upper center part of your printed approval of ESTA form.

Biometric Passport –

The new passports issued for countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program since October 2006 include an integrated computer chip and are machine readable. Biometric passports are also called “E-passports”. Biometric passports include a small symbol on the front of your passport under the Country of Issuance.

Children’s Passport –

Children of all ages traveling to the United States require ESTA approval. Keep in mind that for a separate ESTA request, some countries issue a special children’s passport. These may not be eligible under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), unless they have been issued or extended up to October 26th, 2006.

Approved Authorization: Authorized trip. The approval status of the ESTA travel authorization is located below your ESTA personal request number.

Unauthorized Trip:

If the trip to the US is not authorized in the ESTA system, travelers must apply for a nonimmigrant visa at their local US Embassy or Consulate, before traveling to the US. Please verify that all the information in your application is correct.

Legible Passport by Machine –

A machine-readable passport may still be valid for certain Visa Waiver countries. Regularly issued before October 2005, they contain two lines of text that include letters, symbols and numbers at the bottom of the personal information page.

Pending Authorization

Sometimes, the system requires additional time to confirm the application details. We will continually review the authorization system for up to 72 hours to receive a definitive answer. In addition, there are times when the system is down due to maintenance or communication problems. We monitor those events and make ESTA application requests as soon as possible.

Signatory Carrier

If you are arriving to the US  by air or sea within the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), you must arrive on board a carrier, known as a signatory carrier, that has signed an agreement guaranteeing that will transport you out the United States if it is determined that you are inadmissible or deportable. The Signatory Carriers approved to travel to the US through ESTA system can be found in the following link.

Visitor Visa – Often a visitor visa is called a B-2 visa. This is a non-immigrant visa for tourism purposes or other personal or social reasons. Normally they have six months validity. If you are a citizen of a Visa Waiver Program country, you can apply through ESTA if your stay is less than 90 days.

Business Visa –

Often a business visa is called a B-1 visa. This is a nonimmigrant visa for business purposes that doesn’t involve receiving a salary or payment from a US source. Normally they have six months validity. If you are a citizen of a Visa Waiver Program country, you can apply through ESTA if your stay is less than 90 days.

Extension of Stay –

The Visa Waiver Program does not include extension of stay. Traveling to the United States is approved by the ESTA US visa exemption program for a period that doesn’t exceed 90 days. If your schedule requires you to stay in the US for more than 90 days, please visit your local US Embassy or Consulate to obtain information about a Visitor Visa or Business Visa.

ESTA Renovation –

If your passport or ESTA form has expired, you must complete a new ESTA application. Currently ESTA authorizations can’t be extended.

Local US Embassy or Consulate –

The local US Embassy or Consulate of the United States can provide more help, in case your ESTA application is not approved. The ESTA online system does not provide details about trips that have not been approved. We suggest that you review your ESTA application to detect possible errors. In your case, a nonimmigrant visa may be necessary.

ESTA official


American Embassy UK




United Airlines :

American Airline:

Air Europa:

British Airways:




© 2020 Estaofficial is a private company and is not affiliated with any government agency. We assist foreign travelers who need the proper documents to enter the United States. Our service fees are US $ 64. The approximate price in Euros is between 55- 60 Euros, depending on the exchange rate of your credit card. These include all government filing fees, plus service charges to assist you in the process. You can choose to hire our services or you can visit the State Department or the National Security websites and complete the proceeding and the necessary forms to travel to the US on your own for a lower price: $14. The Government website can be accessed directly at ESTA.CBP.DHS.GOV. Contact: Email: [email protected], Tel: 1-202-600-9635. (esta application, esta usa, esta visa)